Ownership - do something to bring in new traffic - Page 10 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Chips: 31,769
Admin has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ownership - do something to bring in new traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zathras View Post
Can you change the description of the OTD, removing this:
That part has been removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zathras View Post
also, we need some active mods to start going thru content in OTC to see what can be moved. If they need or want some assistance I volunteer to become a mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I can be a mod if needed.
Thanks for the offers, guys. We've posted to the current team to discuss upcoming changes.

Dayle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2017, 09:19 AM
"E" Cup Heavy Hangers

Chips: 2,889,100,134
DrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant future

Think what you want about "private", but I'll say it again. People (at least some) made posts in the OTC forum with the expectation that those posts wouldn't be picked up by Google, cached and be fodder for search results.

People being able to create a login and view things in a restricted forum is one thing. Pictures of Wedge's kid popping up in a search for "Jack-o-Lantern" because some dick said his kid looked like a pumpkin is another.

I'm going to guess that quite a few regular members posted pictures of or said things that they'd prefer to remain "restricted" and not pop up in Google search results. That needs to be respected.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:51 AM
"D" Cup

Chips: 1,047,390
big0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNeau View Post
Think what you want about "private", but I'll say it again. People (at least some) made posts in the OTC forum with the expectation that those posts wouldn't be picked up by Google, cached and be fodder for search results.
I think we all agree that things said in a forum that isn't indexed by Google should stay that way. I certainly wouldn't call something that hundreds, if not thousands, of people can read any time they want "private." Nor would I consider information "private" if it can be uncovered in 15 seconds by registering for the forum.

If this is a concern for some I'd suggest reevaluation the information put on an open forum.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:38 AM
"E" Cup Heavy Hangers

Chips: 2,889,100,134
DrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant future

Fine. Call it what it is: Restricted. It needs to remain so.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:13 PM
"D" Cup

Chips: 15,503,012
zathras is a glorious beacon of lightzathras is a glorious beacon of lightzathras is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNeau View Post
Fine. Call it what it is: Restricted. It needs to remain so.
I think everyone is in agreement that it not be opened up. But threads like this for example:

The Perfect Man Cave

which you and I both have numerous posts in can certainly be moved into the OTD which unregistered guests can view.

As a forum owner, and as the forum members trying to attract traffic, this is EXACTLY the kind of content you want to show up in google. Stuff that may bring someone in to the forum that otherwise wouldn't have even known it existed.

ALL YOUR POOL ARE BELONG TO US Zathras & Wubba's King of the Hill Pool
Old 05-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Chips: 31,769
Admin has disabled reputation

Hey there

I moved the Better Call Saul thread to the OTD.

Still working with the current team on mod offers. Hang tight for some changes.

Dayle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.