Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Need help with creating a domain and email address. Pays 50k chips!

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Quads 
#1 ·
I'm getting my regular email clogged with Poker Training Network stuff as this grows and would like to create my own dedicated email and webpage.

For example,

My website within PTN is www.playptn.com/highroller3

I'd like something simpler that would lead to my PTN homepage such as www.PTN....com

And have my email, my wife's, and others in our team to be easy to throw out, such as matt@PTN....com.

How do I do this? Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Register the domain sunsetPTN.com
Create email address on said domain (once hosted somewhere).
user_name@sunsetptn.com
point all webz traffic from sunsetptn.com to your other site: www.playptn.com/highroller3

If you need a basic host, talk to moddy or myself.
can host / point email to another address if / as needed.

Here's an example: www.jcinpa.com
watch where it takes you automagically. (takes you from one of my servers, and redirects to his 'other' site.

#3 ·
That's exactly what I need as well as an email address or two, three. Of course, if the email could say sunset@ptn...com and just forward to a blank gmail account for storage purposes, that'd be fine too. What ever is simplest and ultimately the cheapest.
There's no real content to host since it's just a redirect and if the email can be redirected too, all the better.

Where do I register a domain? Go Daddy? Should I go ahead and get all the common extensions? .com .net .org?

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks Quads....

I'm halfway there. Registered www.ptnpays.com .net .org .info

now I'm playing around with the fwding aspects. I'm getting hung up on the mail forwarding. It's asking for verification of ownership which I'm cluesless about.
Will keep digging around though.

Thanks for the help so far! I broke my domain name cherry. First time ever dealing with this kind of thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.