Recycle Your Table Scraps Subforum: DIY Bench Cookies - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables

Old 05-22-2011, 09:00 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,372,045
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps
Default Recycle Your Table Scraps Subforum: DIY Bench Cookies

Recently make a table with cup holders? Have a little volara/ensolite and some spray glue left over? Make your own DIY bench cookies:

Tip: drill a 1/2" to 3/4" hole through the middle of the puck and you can slide them onto a peg board hanger for easy storage:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Forum Moderator / Ball Buster

Chips: 3,614,027,252
sunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant future
Default Re: Recycle Your Table Scraps Subforum: DIY Bench Cookies

Tip of the week right there!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Thread Killer

Chips: 10,050
JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future

WTF are bench cookies? You use them to raise pieces off the surface of the workbench??
Old 05-23-2011, 05:25 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
WTF are bench cookies? You use them to raise pieces off the surface of the workbench??
Let me google that for you

yes & more - the commercial ones had padded "grippers" that use friction to hold a workpiece in place for tasks like edge treatment, routering, trimming, sanding, staining, painting, finishing etc. They're handy to have around.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,456,162
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

Great tip. I have thought about buying some for use while sanding but was unsure if they were really good enough grip to use with a router.

Spoiler:
Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Great tip. I have thought about buying some for use while sanding but was unsure if they were really good enough grip to use with a router.
I added a set of the blue bench cookies from Rockler onto my order about a year ago when they were on sale. They do work really well, even for router work. I haven't tested these homemade ones out yet with a router but they do the job for painting & finishing work.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,676,962,792,746
T v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimps

you can't eat bench cookies....but you can drink your beer that is in your kick ass corn hole drink stand made from scraps!

T
"T amuses me. He is also an a$$hole." Joe Bass 4/20/10
Old 05-26-2011, 08:36 PM
"B" Cup

Chips: 5,045,848
The Rope is a pretty cool catThe Rope is a pretty cool cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by T View Post
you can't eat bench cookies....but you can drink your beer that is in your kick ass corn hole drink stand made from scraps!

T
Nice T!
I made some very similar to your's only instead of a base I just sharped the bottom end and pushed it into the earth, base might be more handy though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables