Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Vinyl staple-down for in-rail cupholders

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MisterShark 
#1 ·
The old thread used to be here but Jason pulled the pics.

Just wanna see before I make my x-cuts in the rail vinyl and them tack the flaps down inside the cupholder holes.
Not sure I can get my stapler's nose down into the hole far enough to effectively staple the vinyl flaps but I'm thinking I might be able to crank up the pressure (pneumatic upholstery stapler) to kinda shoot the staples into place. I could be wrong and maybe I can get the nose of the stapler in far enough, but until tonight I won't know, and I figured I'd filed the question now & be prepared in case I can't.

Anybody have any pics or advice?
I know this is a basic step but this is the first in-rail cupholders build for me and the rail came out really nice; don't wanna miss some small detail and f things up.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I actually have done both, either pull the flap down in the hole and staple from the bottom at the weird angle your staple gun will fit in there. Or, while pulling down from the bottom, staple on the top side, just under the edge of the cut / hole. (or as far as your staple gun will reach down in there)

#3 ·
Jason's pics are still there, it just got all f'd up when baby Huey screwed up all the photobucket links with his text substitution. Here you go:

YAT said:
building 5 tables
sizes are 92" x 44"

2 tables with burgandy velveteen, whisper black, & jumbo aluminum silver cupholders in the rail

3 tables with black velveteen, whisper black, & jumbo aluminum silver cupholders in the rail

bottom of the tables have velcro straps to secure the legs:

YAT said:
how to cut holes in rail for drink holders:

1. find center point:

2. make 3 cuts:

3. pul vinyl through the hole & stpale:

4. finished:

drink holder:

#5 ·
Thanks Matt for the pix fix & Quads 4 the 'from the bottom' stapling idea. 2nite was a late one for me with physical therapy following work, so I'm gonna give it a try 2moro. I'll explain about the PT soon in a separate 'learn from my mistake' thread, but needless to say: yes, my injury happened while making this current table. Irish & JP already know. Right now I'm gonna drift off into a Percocet-induced good night's sleep. Ahhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.